A nice warm bath with CBD oil is liquid relaxation therapy. It is peaceful, soothing, pain relieving, great before you go to sleep and feel good when you wake up the next morning. But there is even more to that.
Over the past few years, cannabis has become a popular supplement among people suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia and other chronic pain disorders. There are many cannabinoids in the plant, but THC and CBD are the ones fighting pain and inflammation.
While a CBD lotion can be applied to the skin on the areas affected by arthritis, fibromyalgia is a medical condition that causes widespread body pain and stiffness in the muscles and joints as well as sleep problems. Having a bath is a great solution to have your whole body relax with cannabis oil, and is great before going to bed. You can simply do this by making cannabis infused bath bombs.
Fibromyalgia patients report that CBD helps greatly with chronic pain, sleep, endurance, anxiety, depression, inflammation, muscle spasms, overall mental health and well-being, mood, and more.
So if you are feeling in a crafty mood, scroll down for our recipe of CBD bath bomb!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: about 4 bath bombs without citric acid, weighing 3 to 4 oz each.
Ingredients for DIY Bath Bombs without Citric Acid
- Baking Soda – 1/2 cup
- Botanical CBD oil – 50mg of oil (5 droppers of our 600mg CBD oil)
- Cream of Tartar – 1/4 cup
- Arrowroot Powder – 1/4 cup
- Pink Himalayan Salt – 1/4 cup. Sea Salt, orÂ Epsom Salt will work as well.
- Liquid Carried Oil – 2 tablespoons. I use rose petal infused sweet almond oil. You can also use coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil, orÂ jojoba oil.
- Bath Bomb Molds – a meatball scoop works really well too!
How to Make DIY Bath Bombs
(1) Mix all the dry ingredients: baking soda, cream of tartar, arrowroot powder, and pink Himalayan salt. Be sure to mix the dry ingredients very well. I like to use a silicone whisk to do the job.
(2) Add the botanical CBD oil and carried oil to the mixed dry ingredients. At this point, get a little creative and add flower petals, glitter, or natural coloring!
(3) Mix the dry ingredients and carried oil very well. I usually mix the ingredients using a silicone whisk for about 5 to 10 minutes. When the mixture looks like wet sand, it’s ready to go into a mold.
(4) (Optional) Add 10-15 drops of essential oil. Some of my favorite pure essential oil are: lavender essential oil, orange essential oil, geranium essential oil, and bergamot essential oil.
(5) Mold the bath bombs!
To form the perfectly shaped bath bombs, you have to pack the mixture into the tong or mold as tightly as possible. When using a meatball tong, I scoop up as much of the bath bomb mixture as I can. I then pack and press more bath bomb mixture through the hole on top of each half of the meatball tong.
(6) Finally, unmold the bath bombs without citric acid after about 30 seconds. To unmold, be sure the tap the tong or mold. The vibration from your tapping will release the bath bombs without citric acid from the tong or mold.
(7) Let your bath bombs without citric acid dry for about a day. During this drying period, they will harden, and become less likely to crumble and break.