Are you still battling your 2019 New Year’s resolutions to engage in more self-care, increase your mindfulness, and obtain a better balance of your mind, body, and spirit? Well, we’re right there with you. In brief, this blog guides you to turn over a new leaf with the Top 10 Plants to Try in 2019! Check out our 10 Top Plants to Try in 2019, in no particular order. We’re so much sassier and hotter than that ole Jolly Green Giant!
- Boom with Shrooms: Reishi: Get your Zen on with Reishi! Perhaps you’ve heard of the bodywork called reiki? Instead, reishi refers to a medicinal mushroom used by Shaolin monks to improve concentration and also boost heart functioning (Vukovic, 2018).) Get an earthy jolt of immunity and antioxidants as you boom with shrooms!
- Love Yourself With Lavender: So much better than the Love Yourself lyrics by the Biebs, lavender has been a staple in the holistic world to calm nervous tensions, induce sleep, manage stress, and so on. Citing a Thai study, Huffington (2016) further maintains that “smelling lavender helps us relax by slowing down our heart rate, decreasing our blood pressure and lowering skin temperature”.(http://time.com/4269916/arianna-huffington-better-nights-sleep/). Chillax with our lovely Lavender Blend.
- Gravitate Toward Garlic: While your toothbrush may shirk, your body will gravitate toward garlic. In addition to praise for giving your immunity a boom, it also apparently can help to reduce blood pressure, and combats cancer (Cummings & Holmes, 2014). It’s such an easy, versatile option, too. Lasagna anyone?
- Ease into Echinacea: Tired of catching every darn virus, flu, and cold that”s been circulating around campus, the office, bus and train stations, shopping carts, you name it? Well, ease into some Echinacea. Studies herald it for reducing inflammation, boosts immunity, and antiviral properties (Cummings & Holmes, 2014). And did you know that Echinacea, just like CBD, works with your endocannabinoid system? Echinacea is rich in alkylamides, which engage with your CB2 receptors! Check out our fabulous Echinacea blend + 350mg CBD for a real Dr. Feelgood (without the big-haired Motley Crue)!
- Mellow Yarrow: Get mellow with yarrow! Yes, hooked on phonics did work for us, if you’re wondering if we misspelled yellow. Yarrow, in reality, is a plant that accelerates the healing of wounds, is an anti-inflammatory, and can relieve PMS symptoms (Cummings & Holmes, 2014). Talk about a mighty multitasker, eh?
- To-Do With Turmeric: Whether wellness your to-do list is an old school one or digital version, place turmeric on there! This product is an absolute rock star: Turmeric blend + 600mg of CBD. Turmeric offers an inflammation fighter and an antioxidant helper, to name a few.
- Yelp with Yaupon: Not Groupon, you cheapskate! Yaupon is the only naturally caffeinated plant to grow wild in North America and was used traditionally by Native Americans to purify the body and mind due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties and high levels of antioxidant polyphenols (Vukovic, 2018). Yelp, yodel, or yahoo with this power plant!
- See Relief With CBD: According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), CBD is the major non-psychoactive component of Cannabis sativa and “one of over 80 naturally occurring compounds called cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. CBD cannabinoids are anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antispasmodic, and they enhance circulation and cellular regeneration” (Rosenblatt, 2017).
- Respect Your Elders: Elderflower:Â Remember your parents’ lectures about respecting your elders? Well, the same holds true for elderflower, an astringent that can offer relief for arthritis and soothe sore throats (Cummings & Holmes, 2014). Ready to audition for the next American Idol?
- Move Your Ashwagandha: While it looks a really cool swear word in some language of the world, ashwagandha has been used since antiquity for stress management, increased muscle mass, you name it. It may even earn you a point in Jeopardy, if you can spell it correctly! Adapt better health with our Adaptogens + 600mg CBD!
Huffington, A. (2016). My Guide to a Better Night’s Sleep. TIME Magazine, 187(12), 54. Retrieved from http://time.com/4269916/arianna-huffington-better-nights-sleep/
Cummings, D., & Holmes, A. (2014). The Medicinal Gardening Handbook: A Complete Guide to Growing, Harvesting, and Using Healing Herbs. New York, NY: Skyhorse.
ROSENBLATT, J. (2017). Naturally effective: The science behind the rise of CBD topicals. Chiropractic Economics, 63(15), 23-26.
Vukovic, K. (2018). Tea Therapy. Organic Spa Magazine, 12(1), 19-21.